The UNA-CLAD™ Series 1000UC Panel System is designed to use an architectural composite material (ACM) face skin. A variety of material and finish options are available. The Series 1000 panels use rout and return fabrication. Panel clips are mechanically fastened from the panel to the wall substrate. The Series 1000UC Panel System is designed as a caulked barrier wall panel system.
Method of Application:
- Attachment of panels to a system of subgirts or direct attachment to a smooth, solid substrate of plywood is recommended for the Firestone Series 1000UC panels.
- Series 1000UC panels are to be installed in as-needed, non-sequential installation of system.
- Application of a Firestone approved weather-resistant barrier prior to panel installation is required.
- Panel installation occurs via the field installation of the Firestone wall panel clip. Basic installation is two fasteners from the clip into the wall panel and one fastener from the clip (through the slotted hole) into the substrate.
- Nu-Vue metal panels should be stored in a dry, well-ventilated place where no moisture can contact them. Moisture (from rain, snow, condensation, etc.) trapped between layers of material may cause water stains or white rust, which can affect the service life of the material and detract from its appearance.
- If outdoor storage cannot be avoided, protect the panels with a ventilated canvas or waterproof paper cover. Do not use plastic, which can cause condensation. Keep the material off the ground in an inclined position with an insulator such as wood, or keep panels crated. Protective film may degrade or become brittle with long-term exposure to direct sunlight.
- Oil canning is not a cause for rejection.
- Exercise caution when lifting, moving, transporting, storing, or handling Firestone metal to avoid possible physical damage.
- Immediately remove protective film after installation.