Nu-Vue Standing Seam Roofing Panels are a factory-formed double-lock, architectural roof panel that provides a traditional look and uses mechanical seaming to enhance the architect’s design. The Standing Seam Roofing Panels offer the designer the ability to design or specify various radius roof profiles. The panels are available in a wide variety of materials and finishes, including Kynar® coated G-90 galvanized steel and AZ-50 Galvalume® steel, aluminum, copper, and zinc. An optional thermally applied pre-assembly in-seam sealant is available.
Method of Application:
- A smooth, solid substrate of plywood or a rigid insulation board mechanically attached to a steel deck is recommended for the Nu-Vue NV-1.5 and NV-2 metal roof panels.
- Nu-Vue Standing Seam Roofing Panels must be installed in sequential pattern.
- Application of a Nu-Vue approved underlayment is recommended prior to panel installation.
- Nu-Vue metal panels should be stored in a dry, well-ventilated place where no moisture can contact them. Moisture (from rain, snow, condensation, etc.) trapped between layers of material may cause water stains or white rust, which can affect the service life of the material and detract from its appearance.
- If outdoor storage cannot be avoided, protect the panels with a ventilated canvas or waterproof paper cover. Do not use plastic, which can cause condensation. Keep the material off the ground in an inclined position with an insulator such as wood. Protective film may degrade or become brittle with long-term exposure to direct sunlight.
- Oil canning is not a cause for rejection.
- Heavier gauges, narrower widths, striations, and embossing minimize oil canning.
- Properly adjust the mechanical seamer prior to field seeming to reduce the risk of seam damage.
- Sealant for end laps and lap joints shall be non-drying, non-toxic, and non-shrinking with a serviceable temperature of 0 to 212 degrees F.
- Quality, long-life butyl sealants work best as a gasket sandwiched between two pieces of metal. Non-acetic cured silicone color matching sealants are recommended when voids must be filled. Sealants are not a substitute for proper assembly and workmanship.
- Exercise caution when lifting, moving, transporting, storing, or handling Nu-Vue metal to avoid possible physical damage.
- Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for safety information.
- Immediately remove protective film after installation.