Nu-Vue Soffit or Flush Panel is a factory-formed, interlocking, architectural metal panel designed for soffit and fascia applications. The Soffit Panel offers the design professional a flat appearance with an aesthetically pleasing reveal by using an interlocking leg and concealed fastening system. The panel is available in a wide variety of materials and finishes, including Kynar coated G-90 galvanized steel, Galvalume® steel, aluminum, copper, and zinc. Panels can be formed with perforated materials.
Method of Application:
- A smooth, solid substrate of plywood or a substructure of min. 22 ga (0.79 mm), 7/8″ (22 mm) hat channels is recommended for the Firestone metal soffit panel.
- Nu-Vue soffit panels must be installed in a sequential order.
- Nu-Vue metal panels should be stored in a dry, well-ventilated place where no moisture can contact them. Moisture (from rain, snow, condensation, etc.) trapped between layers of material may cause water stains or white rust, which can affect the service life of the material and detract from its appearance.
- If outdoor storage cannot be avoided, protect the panels with a ventilated canvas or waterproof paper cover. Do not use plastic, which can cause condensation. Keep the material off the ground in an inclined position with an insulator such as wood. Protective film may degrade or become brittle with long-term exposure to direct sunlight.
- Oil canning is not a cause for rejection.
- Heavier gauges, narrower widths, striations, and embossing minimize oil canning.
- Properly adjust the mechanical seamer prior to field seeming to reduce the risk of seam damage.
- Sealant for end laps and lap joints shall be non-drying, non-toxic, and non-shrinking with a serviceable temperature of 0 to 212 degrees F.
- Quality, long-life butyl sealants work best as a gasket sandwiched between two pieces of metal. Non-acetic cured silicone color matching sealants are recommended when voids must be filled. Sealants are not a substitute for proper assembly and workmanship.
- Exercise caution when lifting, moving, transporting, storing, or handling Nu-Vue metal to avoid possible physical damage.
- Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for safety information.
- Immediately remove protective film after installation.