This position is primarily responsible efficiently manage and direct all aspects of the service department operations. Ensure customer satisfaction and maximum profits for the dealership. Coordinate activities and cooperate with other departments to best serve the service needs of the customer. Help business to be more profitable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedule all service work and assign to the technicians. Oversee work to ensure satisfaction for the customers.
- Advise customers of repairs and estimated cost of repairs. Charge out all service, customer, internal and warranty tickets in a timely, profitable manner.
- Work with customers to resolve any complaints.
- Maintain a clean and orderly shop area at all times.
- Keep special tools up-to-date.
- Work with sales staff on prompt and cost-effective reconditioning of used equipment.
- Assist technicians when needed.
- Control expenses of the service department while maintaining productive services for our customers.
- Prepare and follow a sales and operating budget.
- Conduct regular service department meetings.
- Control nonproductive time, breaks, protected time off, sick leave, and personal leave.
- Hire and ensure service technicians are being trained.
- Ensure that the shop is in safe operating order.
- Provide programs to ensure the productivity of each employee.
- Assure that at least one person is qualified to fill any specific job position including the manager’s position.
- Review employee performance on an annual basis with the Branch Manager.
- Develop programs to upgrade all employees capable of and desiring advancement.
- Work closely with the parts department personnel to ensure that parts required are available.
- Make recommendations regarding the purchase of service vehicles and maintain the fleet.
- Attend training classes and store meetings.
- Work harmoniously with all co-workers.
- Assist other department personnel to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain good client/vendor relations.
- Attract, train, and retain critical skilled personnel; takes quick action to fill vacancies, provides performance management to subordinates; provides development for team, minimizes voluntary turnover.
- Ensure all subordinate employees understand the direction, plans, and monthly results of the service department through communication.
- Review warranty claims.
- Handle customer’s equipment damage issues as they occur.
- Help PSSR on specific equipment repairs to create prices approach to close the deal.
- Track Service revenues against measurements to exceed revenue goals.
- Complete injury reports for all accidents within the first 24 hours, safety issues and workers compensation claims.
- Assist Branch Manager with any special projects or requests.
- Ensure employees observe the company’s safety standards in accordance with OSHA and state regulations.
- All other duties related to the position and requested by Branch Manager.
Directly supervises Service department staff. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of all units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include
participate with the HR Department in the process of interviewing, hiring and training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Contact Management systems; Database software; Design software; Development software; Human Resource systems; Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Order Processing systems; Payroll systems; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Trekker offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program which includes:
Long Term Disability
To apply click: Recruitment (adp.com)