This position is primarily responsible efficiently manage and direct all aspects of the service department operations. Ensure customer satisfaction and maximum profits for the dealership. Coordinate activities and cooperate with other departments to best serve the service needs of the customer. Help business to be more profitable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedule all service work and assign to the technicians. Oversee work to ensure satisfaction for the
- Advise customers of repairs and estimated cost of repairs. Charge out all service, customer, internal and warranty tickets in a timely, profitable
- Work with customers to resolve any
- Maintain a clean and orderly shop area at all
- Keep special tools up-to-date.
- Work with sales staff on prompt and cost-effective reconditioning of used
- Assist technicians when needed.
- Control expenses of the service department while maintaining productive services for our
- Prepare and follow a sales and operating
- Conduct regular service department
- Control nonproductive time, breaks, protected time off, sick leave, and personal
- Hire and ensure service technicians are being
- Ensure that the shop is in safe operating
- Provide programs to ensure the productivity of each
- Assure that at least one person is qualified to fill any specific job position including the manager’s
- Review employee performance on an annual basis with the Branch
- Develop programs to upgrade all employees capable of and desiring
- Work closely with the parts department personnel to ensure that parts required are
- Make recommendations regarding the purchase of service vehicles and maintain the
- Attend training classes and store
- Work harmoniously with all co-workers.
- Assist other department personnel to ensure customer
- Establish and maintain good client/vendor
- Attract, train, and retain critical skilled personnel; takes quick action to fill vacancies, provides performance management to subordinates; provides development for team, minimizes voluntary
- Ensure all subordinate employees understand the direction, plans, and monthly results of the service department through
- Review warranty
- Handle customer’s equipment damage issues as they
- Help PSSR on specific equipment repairs to create prices approach to close the
- Track Service revenues against measurements to exceed revenue
- Complete injury reports for all accidents within the first 24 hours, safety issues and workers compensation
- Assist Branch Manager with any special projects or
- Ensure employees observe the company’s safety standards in accordance with OSHA and state
- All other duties related to the position and requested by Branch
Directly supervises Service department staff. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of all units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities includes participate with the HR Department in the process of interviewing, hiring and training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.