This position is primarily responsible for servicing the needs of the outside sales professional and our customers as well as ordering product, writing orders, and handling logistics with shipping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. General office clerical.
2. Organize workload to multitask between purchasing, quoting, and sourcing product.
3. Display or demonstrate product, using samples or catalog, and emphasize its in features and benefits.
4. Quote and explain prices to customers, and prepares sales tickets for orders obtained.
5. Participate in all the sales process from quoting the goods to delivery and collections.
6. Develop and maintain relationships with current customer’s as well as develop relationships with new prospects.
7. Be proactive and assist in the process to solve any customer problem or situation.
8. Maintain new and current customer contact and data information current within Company computer database.
9. Compile and create lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
10. Prepare reports as requested by Supervisor, including business transactions, gas, travel and other expenses.
11. Coordinate customer training.
12. Attend trade shows and trainings conducted by Company.
13. Total Customer Satisfaction – greet all customers quickly and courteously, answers questions, retrieves and/or orders parts (expediting if necessary), and insure customer needs are fully met.
14. Handles inbound sales lead calls to convert calls into sales.
15. Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
16. Learn vendors and products in order to locate inventory and prepare Purchase Orders.
17. Identify, check in and receive stock materials.
18. Observes the company’s safety standards in accordance with OSHA and state regulations.
19. Always maintain a professional appearance and the ethics of Trekker Tractor.
20. All other duties related to the position and other requested by manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or minimum 3 years experience in Construction Material Sales; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Trekker offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program which includes:
Long Term Disability
To apply click: Recruitment (adp.com)