This position is primarily responsible for selling corporate products to business and industrial establishments or individuals over the telephone and over counter by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Total Customer Satisfaction – greet all customers quickly and courteously, answers questions, retrieves and/or orders parts (expediting if necessary), and insure customer needs are fully met.
2. Receives and fills telephone orders for parts.
3. Fills customer orders from stock.
4. Receives payment or obtain credit authorization.
5. Suggestive sell each customer to ensure maximum sales volume.
6. Handle customer complaints tactfully and thoughtfully, keeping Parts Manager advised of all issues.
7. Ensure all inventory systems and paperwork are kept up to date and correct.
8. Keep the parts counter clean and orderly.
9. Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from ad inquiries, trade shows, direct mail responses, card deck leads, aged leads, dealer re-sellers, business directories, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
10. Makes outbound lead follows-up calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and e-mail to qualify leads and sell products and services.
11. Handles inbound sales lead calls to convert calls into sales.
12. Overcomes technical and business objections of prospective customers.
13. Emphasizes salable features, quotes prices and credit terms, and prepares sales orders for orders obtained.
14. Tracks stock levels.
15. Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm’s production and delivery schedules.
16. Builds and maintains customers’ relationships.
17. Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
18. Works with account managers to keep account activities and literature up to date.
19. Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
20. Observes the company’s safety standards in accordance with OSHA and state regulations.
21. Always maintain a professional appearance and the ethics of Trekker Tractor.
22. All other duties related to the position and other requested by supervisor.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or 3 years experience in Construction Equipment Parts Sales; or equivalent combination of education and experience.