This position is primarily responsible in insure the Sales of Parts to business and industrial establishments; individuals; local, state or federal agencies over the telephone and over counter by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drive internal and external parts revenue/profits.
- Insure proper tools, manuals, pricing and sales information is current and available to Parts team.
- Insure Parts Sales Representatives are adequately trained to execute tasks and the Parts Department is kept clean and presentable to customers.
- Insure that inventory levels are kept at a minimum to obtain maximum fill rates and inventory turns; continually research inventory levels to optimize profitability.
- Insure inventory assets are secure at all times, and that proper procedures are implemented and followed to minimize losses.
- Establish and maintain good vendor relations.
- Insure employees observe the company’s safety standards in accordance with OSHA and state regulations.
- Reads catalogs, microfiche viewers, or computer displays in order to determine replacement part stock numbers and prices.
- Determines replacement parts required, according to inspections of old parts, customer requests, or customers’ descriptions of malfunctions.
- Receives and fills telephone orders for parts.
- Fills customer orders from stock.
- Receives payment or obtain credit authorization.
- Advises customers on substitution or modification of parts when identical replacements are not available.
- Examines returned parts for defects, and exchange defective parts or refund money.
- Marks and stores parts in stockrooms according to prearranged systems.
- All other duties related to the position and requested by management.
Directly supervises Parts Sales Representatives/ Parts Warehouse-Receiver-Dispatcher. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include participate with the HR Department in the process of interviewing, hiring and training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.