Trekker is a proud dealer of CASE Construction Equipment machinery and attachments. CASE’s commitment to quality, efficiency, safety, and innovation helps it lead in its industry year after year. And as we head into the new year, we’d like to take this opportunity to spotlight some 2020 CASE Construction Equipment awards that the manufacturer received, and a few major innovations it introduced this past year.
Industry Recognition for CASE in 2020
- 2020 Good Design® Award – Given by the oldest design awards program, this prestigious recognition is given by The Chicago Athenaeum: Museum of Architecture and Design, along with The European Centre for Architecture Art Design and Urban Studies. It celebrates sustainability and superior design and function. It was given to CASE’s 580 EV backhoe loader, the first fully electric backhoe loader. This is the third time in the last four years that a CASE machine won this award.
- 2020 Innovative Iron Award – This is another honor bestowed upon the CASE 580 EV backhoe loader. This is an annual award given by Compact Equipment magazine, which recognizes highly innovative off-highway equipment, diesel engines, hand tools, and other equipment in the industry.
- Contractors’ Top 50 New Products of 2020 – Equipment Today magazine creates this annual list, which is the only heavy equipment award based completely on end-user input. CASE’s B Series Skid Steers and Compact Track Loaders (CTLs) are recognized on this prestigious list. The new series includes eight skid steers and five CTLs.
- Green Industry Pros 2020 Editor’s Choice Award – Green Industry Pros magazine also recognized CASE’s B Series Skid Steers and (CTLs) with this award, which it gives based on factors such as innovation, dependability, and end-user feedback on its website.
- EquipmentWatch Highest Retained Value Award 2020 – CASE’s 580N Backhoe Loader won the Highest Retained Value Award from EquipmentWatch in 2020. CASE has won this award in the backhoe category four of the five times it’s been presented.
- EquipmentWatch Lowest Cost of Ownership Award 2020 – The CASE SR200 Skid Steer Loader won the Lowest Cost of Ownership Award from EquipmentWatch in the large skid steer category. Also of note, the CASE SR210 Skid Steer Loader won the award in this category the previous two years.
- Construction Equipment 2020 Top 100 New Products – Construction Equipment magazine’s list of top 100 new products for 2020 included CASE’s B Series Skid Steers and CTLs. Read more about why they were recognized here. This list is generated by a combination of nominations and expert reviews by the publications’ editors.
- Construction Equipment 2020 Top 100 New Products – CASE’s 580 EV Electric Backhoe Loader made the list, too. It’s the heavy equipment industry’s first fully electric backhoe loader. Read more about why it was recognized here.
- Construction Equipment 2020 Top 100 New Products – Also on this list is CASE’s E Series Compact Vibratory Rollers, which replaced the manufacturer’s entire line of vibratory rollers. There are seven models in the series, which includes both double-drum and combination configurations. Read more about why they were recognized here.
Major Innovations from CASE in 2020
We’d also just like to take a minute to single out four incredible innovations made by CASE in 2020.
- CASE invents “an entirely new machine category” – These are the words of Equipment World magazine writing about CASE’s DL550B dozer loader, which is capable of both heavy dozing and loading applications. Read more about what the magazine said about this revolutionary piece of heavy equipment here.
- The first fully electric backhoe loader – As mentioned above, CASE unveiled the 580 EV Electric Backhoe Loader in 2020. This is a perfect example of how CASE is leading the way into the future of heavy equipment.
- A methane-powered wheel loader concept – Along with the above, CASE showcased the concept for a methane-powered wheel loader under the name ProjectTETRA at CONEXPO/CON-AGG 2020. This is another example of how the manufacturer is innovating more sustainable machinery. Read more about it here.
- An accessible backhoe loader – As part of its commitment to manufacturing machinery that supports accessibility and workplace inclusion, CASE also debuted its accessible backhoe loader at CONEXPO/CON-AGG 2020. Read more about it here.