This position is primarily responsible for driving the company vehicles over established route to pick up and deliver material / equipment or render services by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates company vehicles in a safe manner, obeying all laws and DOT requirements.
- Must be on time for pick-ups and deliveries, keeping management and customers informed at all times.
- Communicates clearly with customer at jobsite, answering customer questions, demonstrating safe operation of equipment, reviewing damage reports and other related duties.
- Frequently inspects and reports repair needs on all company vehicles and equipment, keeping them in good running condition. Insures repairs are performed correctly and quickly.
- Keeps company vehicle clean and neat at all times.
- Completes all paperwork and reporting; ensures all paperwork is submitted within the allowed timeframe, and with complete information.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude in daily dealings with customers and co-workers.
- Works efficiently to do a good job in a minimum amount of time.
- Observes and complies with all safety training and instructions, and promptly reports unsafe conditions to Management; promotes safety among co-workers.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices daily.
- Assist team members or Managers as needed
- Observes the company’s safety standards in accordance with OSHA and state regulations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with current customers.
- Be proactive and assist in the process to solve any customer problem or situation.
- All other duties related to the position and other requested by supervisor.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Commercial Driver License CDL. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or minimum 5 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of radiation and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather); working near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather).
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.